SAN ANTONIO – Three puppies are now safe with foster parents after they were found in a crate behind a Mexican restaurant on Saturday.
Good Samaritan Pricilla Franco said she found the pups in a box behind a Fajita Express on Culebra Road.
Franco said she noticed the pups had severe wounds on their backs so she took them to a local veterinarian. The vet believed the pups had been burned with acid, which caused the back injuries.
Franco said she was able to get in touch with the Bulverde Area Humane Society, who linked her with foster parents for the pups.
BAHS said the puppies will be held in foster care until they can heal.
Copyright 2021 by KSAT – All rights reserved.